Wednesday, July 8, 2009

frustration

anger.
pain.
annoyance.
dishonesty.
rejection.
bitterness.
these are my thoughts and feelings towards christians.
i am starting to understand better why so many non-believers dislike us.
do you follow through on your word?
do you check up on your friends, when you know that they could be struggling? or do we just allow life to take us away on an adventure and forget.
im not an angel. far from. and i certainly add to my own frustration.
but we are all called to more than this.
pick up the phone.
ask the hard questions.
be blunt.
stay accountable.
no such thing as perfection. so why pretend your life is?
my life is nothing.
and nothing is as it seems.
judge as you wish.
i didnt think i would end up like this.
is 'this' a good place?
would you know the right answer?!
i have found lately that life is not worth living if you arent living in it.
stop waiting for your life to start.
just start your life.
be adventureous.
take a risk.
choose to make everyday the greatest day possible.

2 comments:

Graham Bedwell said...

Thank you. Thank you for your honesty, your realness. I want so bad to tell you I understand, that I feel the same way you do. That sometimes I know the "right answers" according to Christian folklore, and that's all I do is pretend to be who I'm supposed to be. But sometimes I don't know the right answers, sometimes I don't even know the right questions. I don't have a clue how to "help" you in were you are with your life, except maybe to just be your friend and love you unconditionally, because I know you don't need the cliche christian "help" from me. But know that I'm here for you if you need me.

Amay said...

Very well written my friend. It never seems to amaze me how much we walk the same roads.
And you know what asking the hard questions is what it's all about, so let us continue to challenge each other and walk the path together.